Well since it is right around the middle of the year, its time for me to stop and reflect on how I’m progressing on my New Years Resolutions. I totally a goal-oriented person, and I like to stop and reflect on how far I’ve come over time. So let’s hear it.
My original post is here: New Years Goals.
1) Run a 10k, specifically the Bolder Boulder: CHECK! And now I’m planning to beginning training next week for a half marathon sometime in the fall. Because I’m crazy.
2) Blog: check! I’ve been able to check in more-or-less once a week, which was my goal. Woo hoo!
3) Read: doing well on this one too! According to my Goodreads tracker, I’ve read 27 of my 49 books so far, so I’m ahead of the game! I’ve also been reading like a madwoman since school got out a week ago – my master’s program starts at the end of June and I’m afraid I’ll have a lot less time to read for pleasure after that.
4) Read my Bible – check! I only spend a maximum of 5 minutes every day, but at least I’m doing it. Depth will happen when it happens – and it does happen sometimes.
5) Declutter/Organize my house – well, I pretty much fell off the bandwagon on this one. I was following a yearly schedule and going through lots of areas in my home, and I’m about 3/4 of the way done. But I haven’t done much about it for the last 8 weeks or so. All the stuff is bothering me, and I’d like to get back on the wagon for this.
And of course, for my ultimate life goal of loving on my husband and kids, I think I’m doing ok. I make sure to do some fun thing with the kids every day, but I could certainly be spending more time loving on my husband.
Still, overall, a pretty good check in! These check-ins help me reflect and refocus. And that’s the way I stay on target!