Since I was pretty successful on my 2015 goals, I’ve got a new round for this year! And, of course, I want to continue the good progress and habits that were the results of last year’s resolutions (such as reading my bible and reading more books).
Here are my new goals for 2016:
- Run two 10k races. Hopefully the Bolder Boulder and perhaps the Rock n Roll 10k. Not sure on when/what the second one will be. But I know that its unreasonable for me to commit the time needed to train for a half marathon at this point in my life. A 10k is a more reasonable distance for me.
- Be kind to the Jojo. I’d like to take him for a walk once a week and just generally be more patient with him. He’s 7 years old!
- Use my reusable K-cups. Its good for the environment and good for the pocketbook.
- Stay positive – I want to get less angry at people online (HOTS) and people who are less-than-stellar drivers. Postivitity!
- Play “pretend” with Jaylee for at least 15 minutes a day. She ADORES playing pretend games with her toys, but they are very taxing for my brain (we write the same script and repeat it over and over). So my mind starts to wander and I’m not fully present and I end up getting up and leaving. She LOVES this time with me though, so I want to commit to being fully present and playing whatever she wants for at least 15 minutes a day. Even if we just repeat the same Peppa Pig script for 15 minutes.
- Get the kids in the habit of cleaning their rooms in the evening before bed. This will greatly help with corralling the toy explosion, and its time they started to learn to clean up after themselves.
- Get Jaylee to eat a wider variety of foods. We started this tonight – she ate fried shrimp for the first time ever! We had to bribe her with M&M’s in order to get her to try it, but baby steps!
I have several other goals that I’d like to achieve this year, but my list is already getting a bit long. So I’m going to reassess in a couple months and see if I’m ready to add more to my plate (drinking more water, losing weight, organizing the house, reading for pleasure, etc).